Raising Toddlers requires preparation as Your baby changes so much in his first year; they earned a whole new title: toddler! There’s a reason this age gets its own distinction: toddlers are their own breed. Here are some things to know about kids at this highly mobile, forever busy, absolutely adorable age.
FREE Toddler Parenting Tips Presentation: Unusual Tips to Effective Parenting
- The only real reason your kids are not already well behaved.
- The way most parents talk to their kids, causing them to do exactly what you don’t want
- The crucial emotional bridge you MUST establish with your child before you try to change their behavior.
- The one word you are probably abusing, which triggers those awful temper tantrums
Raising Toddlers Is Not A Cake Walk!
Walking is the thing that divides baby and “toddler,” but there are many other physical advances challenging your child right now. One- and two-year-olds are very physical little people, learning through plenty of hands-on exploration (and sometimes demolition), and showing emotion with the whole body. Therefore…
Mobility Once your child is upright, the world is a different place with many new possibilities. When she is up and steady on her own two legs, watch for these next steps:
- walking while dragging or pushing a toy
• squatting to pick up an object
• climbing — not only stairs, but anything scaleable
• jumping — off a low structure, then from standing
• kicking a ball